Re: which one is faster?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
> lina:
>>
>> It's a bit big data to transfer, around 1.1 T,
>>
>> from one server to another server.
>
> Either use rsync without encryption (= not tunneled over SSH), or pipe
> tar through netcat. The latter does not support resuming.

Thanks. I failed to find the mute the encryption options in rsync.

BTW, How to set the port for netcat?

The remote one has the following ports open:

Not shown: 987 closed ports
PORT      STATE SERVICE
21/tcp    open  ftp
22/tcp    open  ssh
80/tcp    open  http
111/tcp   open  rpcbind
711/tcp   open  cisco-tdp
1027/tcp  open  IIS
1029/tcp  open  ms-lsa
3001/tcp  open  nessus
3389/tcp  open  ms-wbt-server
8649/tcp  open  unknown
8651/tcp  open  unknown
8652/tcp  open  unknown
15004/tcp open  unknown

$ nc badapple.net 21
220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5)

it chocked there.

another one has:
Not shown: 995 filtered ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
80/tcp   open  http
443/tcp  open  https
3128/tcp open  squid-http
8080/tcp open  http-proxy
8888/tcp open  sun-answerbook

> If you can tell us a bit more, we might be able to help better. Do you
> have many small files or just a fewer big files? How fast and reliable
> is the connection between the two computers?
It's 8000 files, half 400M, half 5M.

I don't know the reliable of the connection between the two servers, I
guess it's okay.

But from my side, the wireless is not stable.
I don't know how to let it stable. I mean, not login every 10~15 minutes.
(btw, Is big wind affects the wireless signal, kinda of silly to ask,
I prefer the fresh air outside, so move laptop outside)