Re: usb0 and making it available to guest OS

H.S. wrote:
> I have a Debian Testing machine, fully update, using VirtualBox (VBox)
> with Windows XP installed as a guest OS.
>
> I am trying to access a USB device from with the guest OS, XP, after
> connecting it to a USB port on the machine.

By default, this line below does not exist in /etc/fstab any more,
because it is deprecated.
But I found that VirtualBox still needs it for USB, so you could add it
and leave it there as long as necessary.

usbfs  /proc/bus/usb   usbfs   defaults,devmode=666  0  0