Re: what graphics card to choose

On 29/07/12 01:42 PM, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
On 29/07/12 11:15 AM, Gary Dale wrote:
Any card you buy will likely work, either with the open source drivers
or the proprietary ones. With Wheezy on the verge of becoming the
current stable release, you shouldn't run into problems with proprietary
drivers not working with the latest X server.
Bleeding edge nvidia didn't seem to be supported, although I'll bet this
one is.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_123&item_id=046938

I suppose I could walk in with a live cd and see what output I get from
glxinfo...

Interesting. You'd think NVidia would keep their proprietary drivers current with their hardware. ATI certainly does.

I wouldn't worry about support though. You can always fall back to VESA modes until the drivers catch up. Unless NVidia suddenly decides to stop providing Linux drivers, that won't be long.