links won't open using icedove/wheezy

Just checking to see if others are having the same problem.

Using Wheezy and a couple of months ago (guessing)  I did a dist-upgrade
and all of a sudden my links would only open a new iceweasel window and
only to my home page.  I have been patient waiting to see if this bug
would get fixed but so far it hasn't.  I've been to what I think is
icedove bugs pages and it seems they have the bug listed but am not sure
because some of the explanation is not the best.

Anyone else having the same problem or know of something i can do to
correct this problem if it is actually in my lap?

TIA

Whit