Re: debian wheezy netinst questions

This situation gets funny, so anyone reading further is warned to be
sitting on the floor or you'll likely get hurt falling off of your chairs.
The talking arch linux disk and instructions for installing talking
archlinux had changed but even with that I managed to get archlinux to
partition and format the seagate baracooda 7200 1500GB drive I have.
Since I didn't have the current talking arch disk and the brailled
instructions I wrote no longer apply, I figure why not roll the dice and
see if debian will thrash the drive like it did before.  So I start over
with a debian install and this time no disk thrashing and debian installed
on the Seagate Baracooda 7200 1500GB drive with no problems.  I find it
funny when a competing Linux ends up doing a critical part of the job yet
can't complete an installation and then the original desired Linux finally
does install on the drive.  Archlinux is a small operating system and I
have many smaller sata drives I can and will install that system on at a
later time since small systems work well on small drives.  Larger systems
need larger drives.

eventually fails; software eventually works, no amount of band width can
fix poor design

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>