Re: iptables log floods tty.s

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.

Heh.

> ) I found a solution, requiring setting
>
> KLOGD="-k /boot/System.map-$(uname -r) -c4"
>
> in
>
> /etc/init.d/klogd
>
> file. Unfortunately, wheezy (that I have the problem on) does not have

FORTUNATELY, wheezy deprecates the crap from hell that is sysklogd (syslogd
+ klogd), and offers rsyslog as the default replacement (used on new
installs), and other alternatives such as syslog-ng.

rsyslog takes care of reading the kernel logs by itself (imklog module,
enabled by default in Debian.  See /etc/rsyslog.conf).

You can set the kernel verbosity level using "dmesg -n <level>" as root.
rsyslog in Squeeze didn't allow you to set it directly, maybe the version in
wheezy does.  Check manpage rsyslog.conf(5).

Anyway, adding dmesg -n 4 to /etc/default/rsyslog is a hack that should work
just fine, since it is sourced as a shell script by the rsyslog initscript.

  Henrique Holschuh