Re: Call for testers - perl script to connect to the Juniper VPN

On 07/24/2012 05:44 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:
works without Java and requires perl only. I used wireshark to
analyze management protocol of the juniper binary to emulate java
GUI behaviour. If you are using Juniper VPN with Java client and
want to test my script - it is available at http://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/jvpn-perl-script-to-connect-to-the-juniper-vpn-with-host-checker-enabled/
. Comments and bugreports are welcome. Also i am going to do debian
package, after some positive reports.

Thank you, and I hope that it is not offtopic in this list.
Am I right in thinking that this doesn't completely replace Juniper's
software, but is more akin to mad-scientist's connection script? Does
that mean it's still limited to i386 architecture?

It is more advanced then mad-scientist's connection script because it using TCP for IPC with vpn process, like native gui do. Also it is downloading client without web browser and Java. In my case it allows to connect to the VPN server with "host checker" enabled, what is not possible with normal command line used in mad-scientist's script. I am using it on x86_64 architecture, with ia32-libs installed and it works fine.

The only problem is that this IPC communication was done only by analysing tcp dumps on my system, so I can`t guarantee that this will work with other VPN servers. This is the reason i am asking for testing.