Re: Call for testers - perl script to connect to the Juniper VPN

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 03:00:24PM +0200, Alex Samorukov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a Perl script to connect to the Juniper VPN from Linux. It
> works without Java and requires perl only. I used wireshark to
> analyze management protocol of the juniper binary to emulate java
> GUI behaviour. If you are using Juniper VPN with Java client and
> want to test my script - it is available at http://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/jvpn-perl-script-to-connect-to-the-juniper-vpn-with-host-checker-enabled/
> . Comments and bugreports are welcome. Also i am going to do debian
> package, after some positive reports.

A couple years ago I would have been happy to test this for you, but I
switched jobs and no longer have access to a Juniper VPN.  But when I
did, I found that there was a way to do some port forwarding on the
Juniper VPN which allowed me to ssh into a Linux server from an off-site
Linux client.  I don't remember the term Juniper used for that function,
unfortunately.

-Rob