Re: To pulse or not to pulse?

Am Freitag, 20. Juli 2012 schrieb Camaleón:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:32:26 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> >> For my usual setups that's not a concern but basically because I
> >> don't make an advanced use of the sound facility other than
> >> watching flash videos in Youtube and playing multimedia content
> >> locally with Totem or Rhythmbox. Under this scenario PA causes me
> >> zero headaches.
> >
> > For me it doesn´t. I only use
> >
> > - Flash / HTML 5 (preferable) videos
> > - Amarok
> > - Dragon Player / Kaffeine with file or DVD playback - USB sound card
> >
> > with Phonon VLC.
>
> (...)
>
> MAybe the difference here is that I'm using GNOME and P-A was
> integrated in the GNOME environment since years so maybe is more
> polished here.

Well, could be.

At some time I might revisit PulseAudio.

As written, I had some apt-get purge and install cycles with Network
Manager but now use it on all of my laptops – but not on the workstation
at work, cause then it happened that I logon while my NFS home is not yet
mounted due to network not up yet.