Re: Re: Re: Cannot connect to debian repo servers after install

macondo wrote:
> /etc/apt/apt.conf is empty. I get this: "no such file or directory"

That is fine.

> W: failed to fetch http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/In Release
> Could not resolve 'ftp.debian.org'

That is a DNS problem.  It could not resolve ftp.debian.org.  That is
the problem.  Concentrate on debugging that.  Do not get distracted by
other shiney squirrels!

Please show us:

  cat /etc/resolv.conf

Please ping ftp.debian.org (not debian.org as you showed earlier) and
tell us if you can get to those archives.

For me ftp.debian.org resolves to a machine across the ocean in the
Netherlands.  It is almost always better to use one of the country
local mirrors.  Please select an archive in your country.  Here is a
reference:

  http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

Then change that to something like:

  deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

Or perhaps try out the new fangled http.debian.net redirector.

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror

Using something like:

  deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

Bob