Re: To pulse or not to pulse?

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 15:50:32 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012 schrieb Camaleón:

> > Regarding your question of "keeping PA or not" I would give it a

> > chance, read the official docs¹ and if nothing helps to alleviate the

> > cranky- underwater sound and problems persist I would then reconsider

> > my decision. KDE users can be considered lucky if PA is not a hard

> > dependency for them

> It isn´t and thats good.

> Using plain ALSA with Phonon-VLC and my audio world is comfortable for me

> again. After a long struggle. See my other mail.

I also use ALSA with Phonon-VLC, and have no problems with it. I removed PA long ago, when I had some problems with it. I may try it again at some time in the future, but for now my current setup meets my needs.

-Chris

| Christopher Judd, Ph. D. |

| Research Scientist III |

| NYS Dept. of Health judd@wadsworth.org |

| Wadsworth Center - ESP |

| P. O. Box 509 518 486-7829 |

| Albany, NY 12201-0509 |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It
is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.