Re: I'm having way too much trouble mounting my blackberry SDCARD

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:12:46 -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:

> This should be sort of simple I think, and yet it turns out not to be.
>
> I want to mount my blackberry's sdcard on a wheezy machine I'm getting
> an odd comment when I try the mount
>
> mount /mnt/bbsd
>
> Unable to find suitable address

(...)

Never saw that message before coming from samba :-?

Are you getting additional entries in "dmesg"?

Consider using "smbclient" to make a first attempt to connect to the
share. This usually helps to debug the problem because all the errors
will be printed out in the screen.

For instance:

smbclient -L hostname -U reader

If that succeeds, go on:

smbclient \\\\hostname\\SDCARD -U reader

Greetings,

--
Camaleón