Re: To pulse or not to pulse?

Do you need the advantages of PA for anything? If not, nuke it!
However, why don't you simply test what happens, if you install PA
extension packages?

Regarding to media players such as Amarok I'm tired, sometimes I prefer
Audacity, Ardour etc. for "consuming" audio. Yep, no play list etc.,
OTOH less pain regarding to strange issues. Of course, it's software I
need for other usages, so it's installed and I don't have PA on any of
my Linux installed.

In case of doubt IMO you should drop PA.

2 Cents,
Ralf

--
I wasn't aware that he died in 2005.