What does group consider to be "on topic"?

Anyone who has followed this group knows I have atypical ideas of OS design ;/
A MAJOR strength of Linux mindset is "roll your own."
There are multiple Debian based distros which have done that.
UNFORTUNATELY, from my perspective, many have chosen web based feedback/communication mechanisms rather than email based.

My question:

Will this group consider my questions about such systems to be "on topic"?