Re: What does group consider to be "on topic"?

On Lu, 16 iul 12, 16:57:32, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Anyone who has followed this group knows I have atypical ideas of OS
> design ;/
> A MAJOR strength of Linux mindset is "roll your own."
> There are multiple Debian based distros which have done that.
> UNFORTUNATELY, from my perspective, many have chosen web based
> feedback/communication mechanisms rather than email based.

I know what you mean, it's the same with Raspbian :(

> My question:
>
> Will this group consider my questions about such systems to be "on
> topic"?

Even if you do get away with it, the differences between Debian and any
derivative might be significant enough to make a Debian answer useless
or even dangerous.

If the problem is generic enough to apply to Debian as well chances are
you will find an answer via the search engines anyway.

Kind regards,
Andrei