Re: audio capturing in debian?

2012/7/16 Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
Hi again,

I am seeking to find one single program, as audio hijack pro is one single program, that combines multiple recording functions...so I do not have to hunt through many utilities.
I do know about audacity, nice to  learn there is a copy in debian.

http://packages.debian.org/stable/sound/

But there are times when I wish to say at sound cloud, capture the audio of a file I cannot download, or capture an audio stream, or capture if the audio is embedded, or in a video when I do not want the video etc.
I can do all these things as a part of audio hijack pro, which is why my subject line was capturing audio in debian.

quite misleading indeed, BTW this is a debian list so few people IMHO are concerned with the "bitten apple" appl(e)ications ;-)

After all when I first asked about installing, everything, meaning I suppose I could hunt through the pile, many suggested otherwise.
so, again, is there a single program that puts all the functions into one place?

the wrong side of the road. every audio capture capable application can (will) do the job, it really depends on your audio conf.
I can do this using an alsa to jack bridge and an loopback device, ie record every sound wheter it's a youtube video or a web streaming or a skype telephone call, etc etc...

But if you ask for audio in a long video, eg a 2h film, I would use avidemux to "extract" the audio track, for sure...

Thanks,
Karen

regards
-r

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla protesta violenta e viscerale. (V. Evangelisti)