Re: Nvidia binary blob and libcairo2 1.10+

Dan Serban wrote:
For those unaware, running wheezy or squeeze + backports while using the
Nvidia binary blob (and in some cases nouveau) drawing _anything_ in X is
painful, it can take seconds to respond to a mouse click, or
minimizing/maximizing a window.  Scrolling speed is horrendous as well.

For the months that I've experienced this problem, I've been waiting for
Debian to step up and either find a workaround or fix the issue.

The issue from what I understand stems from libcairo enabling features that
the Nvidia driver blob cannot cope with.

The bug is reported here:

Reading through that bug report, it seems that this has been an issue for
some time, a patch is provided and I have successfully upgraded to my own
package which includes the patch.

My question is: Am I alone here?

<snip>

No you are not. I pinned libcairo, easier than patching it.

Hugo