Re: Do ATI HD cards have good working drivers for Linux (Debian Squeeze in particular)

On 15/07/12 09:17 AM, Ivo Ugrina wrote:
On 07/12/2012 03:04 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 12/07/12 04:58 AM, Ivo Ugrina wrote:
I've bought ATI 6750 a few months ago
and I'm not satisfied with FLOSS driver.
I can't suspend anymore. The card simply
won't shut down.
Did you file a bug report for it?
Nope :(

I've solved it with disabling KMS
That's not a solution. It's a work-around. The bug still exists and won't be fixed unless it's reported.

I've found the Debian package maintainers to be quite eager to work with
people to resolve issues relating to their packages. They don't have
easy access to all the possible hardware variations so they need bug
reports to alert them to problems.