Re: java plugin, is does it have any security vulnerabilities ?

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 06:23:58PM -0400, Andrew Reid wrote:

Hi,

>   You can switch to OpenJDK, or remove your sun-java6 packages and install
> the JRE from the Oracle-provided binaries.

I would rephrase it a little bit to 'You _should_ switch to OpenJDK and
the icedtea browser plugin'. If you can't, because you've to e.g. use
the KVM console of Dells iDRAC cards in various incarnations, you can
convert the Oracle .bin packages to a .deb package.

There is a helper tool in sid, which works fine on Debian/Squeeze
aswell, called make-jpkg. You can find it in the java-package
Debian package  http://packages.debian.org/sid/java-package

Sven
--
We are what you say