Re: System inventory and complain logging system

On 14/07/12 14:15, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2012 schrieb Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> i am looking for a web base UI project that can help me to maintain
>> the inventory , record of desktop complain,  complain tickets etc.
>> any advice please? actually what i wanted to know is, How linux
>> Pros/Network Admins handle this matter.  because there are many UI
>> available but i need to know what you guys prefer and why?
>
> For automatic inventoriing there is fusioninventory for example. Or
> facter.
>
> A ticket system would be RT or OTRS.
>
> I am not aware of anything that combines the two functionalities into one.

You may want to take a look at glpi which does bth the catalogging part
of the inventry and combines with OCS inventory for the information
retrieval , and also does ticket tracking.

(Sorry Martin that you got first a personnal answer, it was a mistake
from me).