Re: sc, i.e., spread sheet calculator using ncurses

On 12 July 2012 18:29, Nick Lidakis <nlidakis@verizon.net> wrote:
Does anyone use sc, the text based spreadsheet program?

Over the years I've become more fond of the console and
ncurses applications. I've recently found myself using sc
as my first spreadsheet application for our new small
business. Doing initial sales calculations, the program is fast,
easy to use, and being ncurses very easy on the eyes.

There's a bit of info about sc online but not much. I found a nice,
albeit dated, mini-manual online:
www.economics.utoronto.ca/jfloyd/stats/minmansc.pdf

I can foresee issues exchanging data with people who use Excel. But then
I don't know if any of the graphical clients have that capability either.

Thoughts?

P.S. I also find the command line accounting program ledger very intriguing
as well.

I often have mc sc fbi mpg123 mplayer on a machine for cli use, with a wm & browser for the internet.

Mainly used sc for fairly simple stuff, whatifs, etc.

I like the commandline, but the internet is not friendly to text browsers.

--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux