Re: Iceweasel trouble, anyone else?

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 22:07 -0700, Weaver wrote:
> Had a similar issue earlier today, but on SID with Iceweasel 10.0.5
>
> With just three tabs up it started behaving as though it was
> overloaded.
> Could hardly get the mouse to move, very slowly across the screen and
> the
> whole situation behaved as though the browser was semi-frozen.
> All of this from trying to load a third tab.
>
> I can't reproduce it now.
> Everything is fine.
> I've loaded the same pages, exactly and played the video on one that I
> couldn't access before.
> With those pages loaded I have loaded even more, while the video was
> playing with no performance drop.
>
> Some days you can't win.

Firefox is my favorite browser, but compared to other browsers it has
got some drawbacks and not only advantages.
It's very typically for all versions of Firefox I ever used, that if
e.g. the Internet connection is slow for a while, you sometimes can't
switch to another tab, to read something. Sometimes it's hard or
impossible to do anything, from time to time you only can reset the
computer.
People with 56k modems and ISDN might notice that other browser are much
faster and even when sorting the history other browser are much faster
on slow computers.