Re: How to install Debian and what media to use - Was: Re: CD image doesn't exist for download?

On 11 July 2012 20:12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
OP of the original thread, please ignore this thread, I suspect the
mailing list needs to discuss what really is the easiest way for people
without knowhow, to install a Linux.

Why do you all recommend those complicated ways?

[🔎] 1342033978.2311.35.camel@precise" target="_blank">

Most likely because, for some unknown reason, the OP was trying to download via jigdo, which is not the easiest way for someone who doesn't know Linux yet.

That is why I suggested to download a (standard) CD-1, & install from that.

Once they have a working Linux system, then is the time to start asking the questions to learn about it.

--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux