Re: Git and Quilt

On Monday 09 July 2012 15:26:50 Jimmy Thrasibule wrote:
> I have a core project on which I maintain a set of patches using Quilt.
> This allows me to make changes to the project without touching the files
> so I can upgrade to new versions easily.

I don't really see the point. Couldn't you get a similar result by maintaining
your own branch beside master branch ?

Unless your patches are needed outside a git repo (for example debian patches
are needed in Debian build systems outside of a git repo), you probably don't
need to maintain your modifications with quilt.

I must have missed something there.

All the best

--
https://github.com/dod38fr/config-model/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/