Re: Restore point needed

On 06/07/12 06:23 PM, Leo wrote:
Hi!:
 I send a mail but I was'nt suscribe.
 I am from Uruguay, We use Linux system till a lot of years in our servers. (www.higiene.edu.uy).
I think - if possible for developpers -, that a "restore point" could be a great step forward.
 When I make an : aptitude safe-upgrade, never I will now if I will have same problems or now. If iIhave troubles, I c'ant "revenir en arriere", (come back).
Thank you for pay attention at this sibject.

Windows needs restore points because you can't easily separate out user settings from system settings and trying to restore a corrupted system is a major pain. You can't even easily figure out which particular part of Windows is going wrong. Generally you end up having to search Microsoft's knowledge base to find out what causes which problem.

With Linux, restoring is fairly quick and easy - not to mention rarely needed. Generally you can fix individual packages thanks to its modular structure, open sources and mature diagnostic tools.