Re: Postfix redirection.

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:47:17 +0200, Olivier BATARD wrote:

> I'm just wondering, after googling a lot, how to redirect mail from a
> user to another address without keeping mail to the original address. I
> want to redirect mail directly. I've tried aliases but mail are sent to
> both original and destination, and I want to forward directly mail.

So you mean you have "user1@example.com" and regardless the existance of
the account in your box you can directly redirect incoming e-mails to
"user2@example.com" omitting "user1@example.com" mailbox, right?

> How can I do that ?

I think the aliases (or ".forward") should do the trick unless you
specifically configure it to deliver to both mailboxes :-?

How does your aliases file look like? Also, provide the Postfix logs when
you send a test e-mail so we can see how Postfix expands the aliases (you
can remove sensitive data).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón