Re: What is the best way to turn off the iptables

On Thu 05 Jul 2012 at 22:28:43 +0800, lina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to turn off the iptables?
>
> or come back to its default settings. Flush my current one.

Depends on what rules you have set up.

   iptables -F

and

   iptables -X

should do it for you.

> 4] Are there someone willing to sharing some iptables template, a bit
> mature one with explaination.

There might be but you do not really want to use someone else's rules.
Have you given any thought as to what you want to achieve, apart from
some hazy (and probably mistaken) idea that you might be safer? As far I
can see you have a couple of services running. Services are meant to be
accessed but restrictions on access can generally be set in their
configuration files. Try defining and saying exactly what it is you
want netfilter/iptables to do for you.