Re: Very slow network with certain APs -- ipv6 problem?

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> You mean you're still using ipv4 with no ipv6 support from the OS at all?

I am using an up-to-date install of Squeeze. There were several network

related updates when IPv6 was supposed to be activated. So I presume

this was an activation for Debian. Since then, certain wireless APs have
not worked properly. It claims to connect and get an IP address, but there
is almost no actual traffic. It can take 5 or 10 minutes to get a simple page
with mostly text and very few graphics. Yet, these same IPs are as fast as

ever when you connect with a Windows machine. Which leads me to suspect
that Windows automatically detects what the AP is using and adjusts, while
Linux does not.