Re: aptitude update question

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:32:39AM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Just thought of something, would: "aptitude search '?new' '?uninstalled'"
> show the new packages that aren't yet on the system?

I think that, if you've installed a package, it's no longer counted as
new. Additionally, you can configure aptitude with regards to what it
considers new (i.e. new packages since the last download or new packages
since forever?).

Sadly, "?uninstalled" isn't a proper search term. See
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ch02s03s05.html
for the gory details, but for uninstalled you probably need
"!?installed".