Re: installation with UEFI

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:26:37 +0200, Andreas Weber wrote:

> Does any of you have some knowledge on how to install Debian testing
> with UEFI?
>
> I looked via search function of the web sites in
>
> - debian.org
> - wiki.debian.org
>
> with 0 hits.

There was a discussion at the devel mailing list:

And also an article from the same person who started the above thread:

http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/article51/

(both seem to be quite recent)

> I found some links that described the howto, but they seem
> outdated:
>
> - install via MBR and grub-pc (works)
> - install grub-efi-amd64 (works)
> - install grub on /dev/sda (works with efivars errors as expected)
>
> The thing that didn't work out for me was the final copying of the
> created .efi file to /boot/efi/efi/bootx64.efi. My UEFI mobo doesn't
> find the entry and I end up with a non-booting installation.
>
> Well knowing that this could start a flame which I don't intend to do:
> Any *buntu installer of 12.04 comes with full UEFI support and works
> like a charm. But I want Debian. And yes, doing it the MBR way would be
> a possible fallback, but it's about going for the future. ;-)
>
> Thanks for any insights on this.

Can't comment on the methods, sorry, I'm afraid I'm still stuck with the
old BIOS in all of my systems and haven't had the chance to test the new
implementation ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón