i386 testing: java not recognizing its libraries and libreoffice not launching

Following update/upgrade, java does not recognize libjli.so any more.
I had to set LD_LIBRARY... to remedy.

Nonetheless, libreoffice  does not start any more:

francesco@deb32:~$ libreoffice
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
francesco@deb32:~$

I thought it is a java problem. What else?

Incidentally, I turned to AbiWORD for my .dot table. Unless my i386
testing has major problems, that text editor is simply unusable for
complex tables. In general, while at the linux prompt Debian works
well (in particular amd64 testing, here in use for a  GPU-CPU
cluster), once gnome is launched installed, problems arise. Too many
things that in science are not used, too much done automatically, and
often erroneously. I am at gnome simply for "gchempaint", other wise
there is no decent pdf reader not CD burner, which are useful to any
purpose. I had to install okular and k3b, making the complex even more
complex. With such stuff as gnome, which even pretends to take care of
upgrading, newcomers will not even learn how to mount a device.

Thanks for advice about libreoffice

francesco pietra

PS: I am not at the stable i386 version simply to have a
correspondence with testing amd64 which we have to use for recent
nvidia  drivers for GPU-CPU clusters.