Re: [1/2 OT] How to find the desktop near me?

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 12:20:30 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The electrical wire. It gave me some scary sounds.
>>
>> Just the cable or the power supply?

> Kinda of very silly though,
> the electrical wire connected to monitors didn't connect well, so there
> was some sound of the leakage of electricity. I thought the monitor had
> problem.

Can't you replace the power cord or reseat to be properly connected so
that it makes good contact?

>>> I will try tomorrow.  I have not used it for long.  I guess the
>>> password I had tried not correct.
>>
>> What password do you mean? :-?
>
> I checked. Strangely there was no IP detected at the first minutes I
> logged in, it gets well after ifup eth0.

I don't follow you.

"arp" command can be useful to discover the usual systems you are
connected to (for instance, I see my gateways and computers I tend to
connect for accessing the samba shares or download e-mail) so if the
neighbor machine you want to discover is still cached, it will be printed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón