Re: gnome cannot start without kde

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:24:04 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> Upload the file elsewhere, for instance:
>
> http://www.sendspace.com/

(you send me the link in private, thanks)

Wow! There are tons of errors... Okay, let me upload to pastebin the full
log for the last session you opened a day ago:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=YbSVyGNG

And this other paste is the first you have in your ".xsession-errors"
file. File, which by the way, is not being rotated...

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WDciqMC6

There's a difference between them, it seems you were using two login
managers:

Xsession: X session started for ra at Fri Jun 29 13:19:07 EEST 2012
/etc/gdm3/Xsession: Beginning session setup...

Other than that, I don't know from where to start. You only get but
errors and warnings all around but I can't see gdm3 crashing... unless
this message can be related to the crash:

***
Received signal:1->'Hangup'g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer
vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async
read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.

Received signal:15->'Terminated'
***

You were using wheezy, right? I'm not sure what to suggest to solve that
messing... I would try to create a new user and login with it (in a hope
the problem is limited to your current profile) or install XDM or LightDM
(a different login manager) so at least you can still getting into your
GNOME session while the problem is resolved.

Another thing to try is starting from "init 1" and then run "startx" so
you can see in the screen the actual errors coming up when gdm3 is trying
to start.

Let's see if someone can give you more hints.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón