Re: why ABIWORD?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 11:16:04 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> With my i386 wheezy, a today update/upgrade led to libreoffice (text)
> not launching.

When that happens, run it from command line ("oowriter") and watch for
the output.

> I resorted to abiword, new in my experience. I found abiword in great
> troubles with tables made by libreoffice odt. Suddendly, abiword was
> able to destroy nearly completely the content of the big table.

This can happen even from documents generated by LibreOffice and then
opened with OpenOffice, MS Word or even with a different version of
LibreOffice :-/

> Should my experience be representative, it would be better not to
> propose text editors that are unable to do what they should.

It would depend on the document complexity (tables, layers, used
objects...) but you can always report it so developers can find a fix for
it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón