Re: What is the status of multiarch?

Hello Camaleón,

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:20:05 +0200, Claudius Hubig wrote:
> > It works quite nicely over here on a testing/sid system with the
                                                 ^^^

> In the Spanish mailing list, a user reported a few days ago that he
> completely messed up his full wheezy system when he tried to install Wine
                                ^^^^^^
> in his 64-bits installation.

I would assume that it is currently rather difficult to have a pure
wheezy system with Multi-Arch, since some packages may still be
trapped in unstable. For example, the multiarchified version of
wine-bin only migrated to testing on 21 June.

> To be sincere, I'm a bit reluctant about the multiarch system. I would
> prefer playing with it on virtual/testing machines and not yet over
> production systems.

Neither wheezy nor sid systems are supposed to be production system
and may break at any time.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
		-- William Blake