Re: Synaptic preferences question

On 06/25/2012 10:59 AM, John W. Foster wrote:
On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 15:40 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:28:07 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

I want to have Synaptic automatically download & display the process of
of the download of all the packages I have in the sources.list when it
first is opened. I do not 'see' this happening now. It may be doing it
but I don't know for sure, since it only pops up the download window
when I key it to update manually. Any suggestions? frosty

If you run Update Manager, it will check for updates every day, 2 days, week or 2 weeks, depending on what you set in Preferences.  When it checks it updates the same files that Synaptic uses for Reload. It will pop up an icon in your notification area to let you know about any updates available and you can click on it to see them and install them.  I use both Update Manager and Synaptic. They can't both be run at the same time, but Update Manager can be active and idle  in the notification area and you can use Synaptic.

EP