Re: Synaptic preferences question

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 10:48 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:
> Is there any way to have synaptic do the package update automatically
> when I execute the application. i.e run 'apt-get update';

AFAIK no. Since I used Suse package management GUIs, I prefer the .deb
way not to upgrade the repository information automatically, when using
Synaptic. Even with a default of a few repositories, a language
repository might hang for minutes, while you simple wish to know what
files are installed by a package, you already installed.