Re: Unmet dependencies installing eclipse from testing on a stable system

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:47:00 +0100
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the package you want available in Squeeze backports?

Unfortunately, no. [1]

In another thread of this list I've seen someone suggesting
that /etc/apt/apt.conf has been deprecated, so I've tried creating a
file in /etc/apt/atp.conf.d with the default release setting
(effectively moving /etc/apt/apt.conf that I had
to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/local) to no avail. I've also verified (ls -lu)
that /etc/apt/apt.conf is touched during an upgrade.

So, even though, this particular case isn't a problem (I can easily
install upstream package as Camaleón has suggested), I would appreciate
any help and hints on what mistake(s) I've made and how to safely
maintain a mixed stable/testing system.

[1]
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=eclipse&searchon=names&section=all&suite=squeeze-backports