Re: OT: /var on another distro, was: Re: 100% [Waiting for headers]

On Sun, 2012-06-24 at 02:33 -0400, Chris Knadle wrote:
> Fedora is interesting in that they use SELinux by default, but I don't
> personally like their plans for mandating reboots for certain updates for
> Fedora 18.  That's "too much like Windows" for my liking.  I prefer Debian's
> restart of services after libc6 upgrades, without requiring a reboot.

For my needs http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ is
interesting, because it's not just another audio distro, but one of the
few famous audio distros.

If a reboot is really annoying IMO does also belong to the usage.

It doesn't matter when I have to reboot my DAW, I suspect it does
matter, if a server needs to be restarted or even a desktop Linux with
tons of services running.

- Ralf

PS: Using different distros comes with a side effect. I don't have much
knowledge about Linux, I only have knowledge about Linux regarding to my
needs. This is a big handicap, since there isn't a straight line between
my needs and what I don't need.