Re: OT: /var on another distro, was: Re: 100% [Waiting for headers]

PS:

The computer age is missing stuff like a "sacrificial anode". For
non-computer hardware there are several tricks to maintain it without
maintaining it, e.g. a "sacrificial anode". I wish there would be a
solution for computer hardware and software too. Don't mention backups!
FWIW, when I was young we used hemp to seal water pipe connections, to
climb a tree or monkey bars and still the whammy bar of my guitar might
be fixed with some pickings. Today everything is lost in non-reliable
plastic and computers even reach the quality of plastics. :(