Re: A qualified "Yes" - was [Re: Is the a 'contrarian' Debian install available?]

On Saturday 23 June 2012 13:30:55 Richard Owlett wrote:
> It appears that I can reach my goal using netinst.iso.
> I doubt that few, if any, would recommend my goals or route.

I'd certainly recommend your approach over building your own distro! Although
I might give Linux From Scratch a plug. If learning's your goal andit isn't
too low-level for you, you'll learn a lot about how GNU/Linux is built from
source packages.

>  From my reading, I suspect that I'm headed down a path
> similar to an old/abandoned project for a highly
> customizable small footprint Linux install. [Can't recall
> the project's name.]

Puppy Linux? Damn Small Linux?