A qualified "Yes" - was [Re: Is the a 'contrarian' Debian install available?]

Richard Owlett wrote:
I did not use the term "alternate" as that already has a
specific meaning in this context.
I also used "contrarian" instead of "experimental" to
emphasize I'm looking for something aimed at a different
target audience.

My experiments have demonstrated that the Debian installer
team has producer a very robust product which meets the
needs/desires of a very large percentage of its intended
audience.

Having recently read the announcement of apt-offline version
1.2, I think something I'd like would be possible.

What I would like to have:
CLI, dial up on a full analog modem (USB connection), WiFi
connectivity, apt-offline.

Options I would likely download almost immediately:
X11, a very simple GUI (NOT a 'desktop _environment_),
Tcl/Tk & gnuplot (I've existing projects).

TIA

It appears that I can reach my goal using netinst.iso.
I doubt that few, if any, would recommend my goals or route.

From my reading, I suspect that I'm headed down a path similar to an old/abandoned project for a highly customizable small footprint Linux install. [Can't recall the project's name.]

I any case I'll learn the guts of Linux. I'm retired so I've time and no _outside_ constraints.

Thanks to all.