Re: not autocompleting

On 2012-06-16, mk bane <michael.k.bane@googlemail.com> wrote:

> A while ago I upgraded to Squeeze.
> I've noticed filename completion does not appear to work for some commands,
> such as oocalc.
> Anybody point me the direction of a solution?
> Thanks,

Seems as though there's an old bug report concerning this here:

Look at Drew Parson's post, for instance, where he refers to oocalc not
prompting for autocompletion for files with certain suffixes.

I personally verified his empirical data (-;)) by creating an empty
directory on my machine and "touching" two files, 'datafile.dat' and
'datafile.txt".  oocalc will not autocomplete for the former but will
autocomplete for the latter.

Is your problem related to file suffixes or to something else entirely?