Re: What to do when testing come to stable on a Debian wheezy/sid?

Brian writes:
> I'm not too sure about daily or regular updates being silly as opposed
> to unnecessary...

Daily and/or automatic updates when running Sid are silly because sooner
or later they will get you in trouble.

> How do you deal with security updates? Subscribe to the relevant
> mailing list, I suppose.

When running Sid you must read both debian-devel and debian-security.

-devel will warn you about breakages and transitions so that you will
 know when and when not to upgrade.  -security is obvious.
--
John Hasler
How do you deal