Re: wordpress, again

On Jun 22, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Tony Baldwin wrote:

> I would guess that you need to enable apache mod-rewrite.
> do (as root, in terminal)
> a2enmod rewrite
> service apache2 restart
>
> then tell us what happens.

"Module rewrite already enabled"

(I didn't do the restart.)

In the admin state, the edit button finds the posts fine -- there's
only a single 'blog/ in the URL to post.php, with a request to edit
it and a "post=<n>". In view, the repeat of the blog/ shows up again
in a URL that looks like a directory that looks like an archive.

Do you know what piece of the PHP is creating this wrong URL? Is WP
supposed to have created a directory called 'blog/', and my config
is somehow confusing it? Would it be worth the time and effort to
change /var/www/blog to something else (I tried that, and WP didn't
care for it -- I needed some other changes that I don't know about...)

--
Glenn English
hand-wrapped from my Apple Mail