wordpress, again

I have a mildly working Debian WordPress install -- it makes
pictures on the screen and adds posts and pages. The posts
appear on the home page of the blog, and the names of the pages
show up in the menu (default theme). But when I click on the
name of the post, "test2" for example, I get an Apache2 error:

> The requested URL /blog/blog/2012/06/21/test2/ was not found on this server.

Grep finds "test2" in 2 mySQL files:

> Binary file wp_posts.MYD matches
> Binary file wp_posts.MYI matches

Grep doesn't find 'blog/blog' anywhere in /usr/share/wordpress.

My /etc/apache2/conf.d/wp.conf file contains:

> 	Alias /blog /usr/share/wordpress
> 	<Directory /usr/share/wordpress>
> 	  Options FollowSymLinks
> 	  AllowOverride Limit Options FileInfo
> 	  DirectoryIndex index.php
> 	</Directory>

And there is a /var/www/blog directory for apache2 to link to.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? I can't find anything about this
at codex.wordpress.org. Or better yet, can someone tell me how to navigate
codex.wordpress.org?

--
Glenn English
hand-wrapped from my Apple Mail