Re (4): Dying Iceweasel.

From:	<noelamac@gmail.com>
Date:	Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:20:25 +0000 (UTC)
> You mean the hex code, right?

Yes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeric_character_reference#Example

> People who is interested in the Enterprise based version will know

What about the other 90 or 99% who just want a working browser?

> ??

I quoted directly from an earlier message.

> ... from where rock are you coming from? ;-P

My cave is wood.  Rock would be nice but I can't afford it.

> I was referring to the latest version of the stable branch, of course
> (release).

Sorry, I read "latest" in the mathematical sense.

> There has to be a detailed report you can read explaining it,
> can't you find it?

If it turns up, will post it.

> Also, compare this output with the one provided by apt-get.

root@dalton:/etc/apt# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
root@dalton:/etc/apt#

So until the next system upgrade, use apt-get rather than aptitude.

http://wiki.debian.org/Iceweasel#How_to_install_Iceweasel_.28Firefox.29
instructed to install the Debian release.  I've modified
the text to suggest the backport.  The page might bear
further improvements, if anyone is interested.

Thanks,             ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 639 0202.  Bcc: peter at easthope.ca
"http://carnot.yi.org/ "
"http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary "