Re: accented characters in text console

Siard wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:25:00 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:
Unfortunately as I indicated compose don't seem to work.

Indeed, AFAIK Compose only works in X.  But you wrote:

I want to enter accented characters in a text console (not in X!)

and everyone seems to have missed that.

I remember at least one method to enter accented characters in a text
console, it's the same as in Windows:

Keep Alt pressed while entering the decimal code in the numerical
keypad.

For example, Alt + 246 produces ö.  It works here (Wheezy).
Codes can be found in the manpage of iso-8859-1.

There are probably better ways, but I don't remember them at the moment.

Good idea. Unfortunately doesn't work here (also Wheezy).

Hugo