Re: What to do when testing come to stable on a Debian wheezy/sid?

On Thursday 21 June 2012 12:07:44 pm Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:22:27 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> >> I'm running Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid system.
> >
> > You mean a mix of both?
> >
> >> What must I do to keep the system in it's relative usable state when
> >> testing come to stable?
> >
> > What's what you want to get?
>
> I want to get again a testing/sid system, but this shall be my first
> time to upgrade from testing/sid to 'newer' testing/sid.
>
> I'm a feared what could happen with my system right away after the
> upgrade shall happen?
>
> Could happen that that I can't use it a while?
>
> > I use "testing" (not "wheezy") as codename in my repositories, this way,
> > once wheezy is released I'll be in the upcoming testing branch.
>
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
> deb     http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
>
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
> deb     http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main
>
> # Bitlbee
> deb http://code.bitlbee.org/debian/devel/testing/amd64/ ./
>
> --
> Regards from Pal

With a sources.list like yours, I would expect you are running a Sid system, is
Wheezy used at all?

A  couple of things to check that determine what you are installiing with your
sources.
1.  'APT::Default Release' in  '/etc/apt/apt.conf
2. An '/etc/apt/preferences' file will allow you to control what is
installed,rferedf to as 'apt pinning'

--
Peace,

Greg