cyrus --> dovecot

Hi,

I want cyrus-imapd and dovecot-imapd both installed simultaneously until migrating all the mails from Cyrus and testing the new service.

The problem is, that apt want to remove Cyrus if I install dovecot.

Is there a technical reason for this restriction?

I think, it will not cause any problems if I run dovecot on different port, and when I finshed the migration and testing I remove Cyrus manually.

Is there a way not to automatically remove Cyrus?

It's not an option to stop IMAP service for hours or so.

Thanks in advance,

  Gabor Moczik

ps.: up-to-date debian squeeze